Friday, February 18, 2005

Book work - 2nd part & Human Nature

Well, there were two things that happened today.

First, I went to this guy's room to search for a book, while he still maintains that the book I took to his room yesterday was taken by him, later it turns out that I was wrong about him taking the book - my neighbour took the book. He was still wrong and I was still right about him not taking _his_ book to his room.

Second (but chronologically first), I found out the true meaning of what my 12th standard Tamil teacher told about human nature - men are greedy, no exceptions. When a person is not placed yet, he longs for a job offer; when he gets one, he thinks why not one more? when he gets two, he thinks, why not the day before itself & why not a much higher paying company? To fit this somewhere in Maslow's Heirarchy of needs (or some other HR crap), when you are secure with something, you yearn for the next step even when you know it is not possible. I would never complain :)

In a few days, I will be leaving this wonderful place forever and going back to my dusty overgrown village masquerading as a metropolitan city. Content and thankful to all the participants and playboy dudes who supported and reassured me till the end.

No comments: