Friday, November 19, 2004

Last Vacations

So, the vacations started for the last time for the senior hillbillies. Most of them are going and I was supposed to be one of them. But, I had to cancel my trip at the last minute because of some 'changes' in the timetable coming from the top of the hill. They were changing our TTs like there was no tomorrow, announcing scheduling of evening classes late in the afternoon, playing ping-pong with our exam schedules, etc etc. Term ending dates fluctuated wildly, originally it was 20th which was changed to 19th then again to 20th. Some hillbillies had to change their plans atleast twice.

I got fed up and finally cancelled my ticket, so I will be spending the vacation here. With 3/4ths of the class not here, the internet is going to be real fast - they rectified the internet troubles I talked about a few days back. I have decided to utilise this time to brush up what I learnt after coming here and download all the stuff I have always wanted to - the complete Calvin and Hobbes collection. The flipside is that my block will be almost deserted and it will be scary.

The scheduling was such that many had only one class a day and some had a 'vacation' for a couple of weeks. The last few weeks were crammed with classes while we were free most of the term and some subjects are being pushed into the next term. In fact, the first two weeks of the final term are supposed to be the most crammed in the history of term-beginnings. Yesterday and today were very tiring for me, in particular. Yesterday was an end of the term exam, one internal quiz, one presentation and two classes. Today were two end-term exams and one class. I was so tired that I dozed off for 15 minutes in the middle of a 2 hour exam. This was unusal; I usually sleep only in the classes while managing to stay awake for the exams.

And it is also official that my two cells are now property of some guy in another PHB School. He assured me that he will return my cells to someone before leaving but did not keep up his words. Kicking my hind starts tomorrow and will continue all day.

No comments: