Wednesday, February 07, 2007

160.9344 kilometers and runnin'



FYI, this afternoon, I missed all the buses to my workplace and decided to go by bike. I wanted to reach there ASAP. Suddenly on the way, one police uncle suddenly stepped on the road and signaled me to stop. Why? I didn't know. I was going at a moderate speed, had all my papers OK, didn't jump any signal - in fact, there were no signals anywhere on that road. Then the pig came near me, checked my license, the bike papers, the registration; everything were A1. In the meanwhile, another pig comes over, switches off my engine and takes the keys away. I couldn't say anything. #1 tells I was speeding, going 50kmph when the limit was 40kmph. Nowhere was this limit posted anywhere!! He tells me, his ins will book a case against me, and won't let me go till I paid the fine, or I can pay 400 rupees and go immediately. I tell him I don't have that much money. #2 hears "don't have" and gleefully asks "no insurance?" That was a bigger case, worth a thousand rupees. I didn't really want to get involved in this shit. After all, they are traffic pigs and who knows what case can they write? But I knew this was not about speeding, it was about the money, honey. I take out my purse and tell him again, I don't have the money he asks for, #2 grabs my purse, sees there are two hundreds and three tens in it, takes the two hundreds and tells me to 'keep the change.' I didn't really know how to react to this situation. So I just got back my bike keys, started it and tested then and there whether my bike could really go 0 to 80 in 10 seconds - I did it in under 10. After all, I've paid for it.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sick Motherfuckers....Happened to me a lot of times when I was in India...........and they brag about india being a superpower by 2050. With such lowlifes, I hope India doesn't become a fourth world country.

Can't you complain against these assholes ? People say that a lot has changed in the past 6 years, and isn't this one of them ?

Ramya said...

boy,it happened to me and frnds last week. we were fined for taking the heavy vehicle lane.we cudnt help it cos that was the lane that people face after the u-turn near spencers.the 2 %$#% went away with 150 or so.cant help it man.

Anonymous said...

Fuck that scums of the police department.
Two hundred INR for that fat bellied faggots..shitty assholes.

Anonymous said...

I am not sure if there is any solution for this.. This has happened to me many a times but it was always 10 to 20 bucks. Partly I guess we are also to blame because we take the easy route of bribing the cop then pay the genuine fine at times we were wrong. Infact, there is signal near Shathi theatre, if you are caught there by a cop, you would be asked to buy a juice from the nearby fruit juice stall. I believe, they take a cut from the stall also for the business they generated through this.

Anonymous said...

Fucking bastards. Get a car. None of these vermins come near. None of them.