Sunday, April 03, 2005

What to say?

Just had a tiny irritating phone conversation with one of my colleagues (not official matter, though). This guy sends me a text message asking me to go someplace with him. I take bath, dress up and make a phone call to him. He tells he wants to go to south Mumbai. He tells he will be at Andheri station in about 1 hour. Since it is a fairly big station, and lot of traffic, I tell him take a ticket to Churchgate to meet me at the terminus end of the station. That way, we can take the train directly and avoid the crowd, also it will be easier to spot each other. This guy adamantly insists I meet him at the east end of the station (because it will be easier for him.) He tells you want me to go to one end of the station and come back?

He tells me that he might want to go to Manish market, which, according to him, is way before Churchgate. Actually, you can get down there and take a cab (Rs 20 max)to go where he wants. I try to reason with him, I have stayed in Mumbai long enough to know how to get around this city. But he stupidly refuses to even listen to me (Huffs and puffs, in the phone itself) and says since he is new to Mumbai, he doesn't know much and has to ask people just to get around. What about all time I spent in Mumbai? Is this guy really that thick?

Never mind! I will just meet him where he wants to and let him have the way. Will he then realise what is happening and I am just trying to reason with him? Even Don Vito Corleone can't reason with this guy! :D

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aint u Management Grad??
Ithayum manage pannu..
No huffs n puffs..

Btw, getting around Mumbai is no great deal..trains at a wink,cabs,autos at a blink..whatnot ..



NY dude..

Anonymous said...

Aint u Management Grad??
Ithayum manage pannu..
No huffs n puffs..

Btw, getting around Mumbai is no great deal..trains at a wink,cabs,autos at a blink..whatnot ..



NY dude..