Sunday, October 30, 2005

The Exclamating Boss!!!

I am scared of getting emails from my boss - not because I did something wrong, but because he uses a lot of exclamation marks. Exclamation marks to me, perhaps full stops to him! When I get an email from him saying "Do This !!", I don't know whether he is surprised I haven't done it already, or he is ordering me to do it, or he is simply fascinated with exclamation marks!!
Elaine: Well, I was just curious why you didn't use an exclamation point?
Jake: What are you talking about?
Elaine: See, right here you wrote "Myra had the baby", but you didn't use an exclamation point.
Jake: So?
Elaine: So, it's nothing. Forget it, forget it, I just find it curious.
Jake: What's so curious about it?
Elaine: Well, I mean if one of your close friends had a baby and I left you a message about it, I would use an exclamation point.
Jake: Well, maybe I don't use my exclamation points as haphazardly as you do.
Elaine: You don't think that someone having a baby warrants an exclamation point.
Jake: Hey, I just chalked down the message. I didn't know I was required to capture the mood of each caller.
Elaine: I just thought you would be a little more excited about a friend of mine having a baby.
Jake: Ok, I'm excited. I just don't happen to like exclamation points.
Elaine: Well, you know Jake, you should learn to use them. Like the way I'm talking right now, I would put an exclamation points at the end of all these sentences! On this one! And on that one!
Jake: Well, you can put one on this one: I'm leaving!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Warning _ FRANKS STOCKTAKE SALE _ do not buy anything from those parasites

I bought Sonyericsson W800i from FRANKS STOCKTAKE SALE - do not repeate my mistake

On the second day I noticed problem with the camera - autofocus did not work , later the same day problem with MP3 player - it was stopping for no reason .
After 4 days the phone stopped recognizing memory card , attempts to reset it caused it to stop recognizing SIM card as well .
- when I tried to listen in the car to few mp3 files all I got was message “ playback failed “
Later when I had more time I started checking for my files and I could not find them
- when I opened camera to check if it works message “ no memory card “
- pulling memory card and reinserting it did not help to recognize memory card
- power phone off and on again did not help
- pulling the SIM card ( with power OFF ) and reinserting caused it not to recognize SIM card
message “ no SIM card “

How often do you want to do " master reset " and loose everything you had in memory ?

FRANKS STOCKTAKE SALE admitted in writing that problems existed :
" You purchased a phone from us which was obviously defective " ,
" When we first tried to load your memory stick it didn't work."
" We attempted to insert the memory card and there did seem to be a problem reading it "
" The photos from the digital camera were a little blurry on full zoom, certainly not
acceptable for a 2 megapixel camera "

and then those perfidious , arrogant , contemptious creatures say :
" concluding that the phones faults appeared to be with the user's knowledge at this point "
"did not appear to be any problems with it after we had researched how to use the phone
and applied the correct techniques."

In phone conversations and emails it appears that this company adopted attitude known from some rip of artists and not as you would expect from an Australian company –
“ you were tricked to give us your money , now you are in our mercy - ha , ha , ha “

They did not attempt to rectify existing defects with the phone , just tried to DUMP it back on me with problems still present .